What to do to help TSK when he gets angry:
Sometimes there isn’t much you can do, especially when your toddler is having a temper tantrum and you can’t explain to him why things need to be the way they are.
- The important thing is to be sure the child is safe
- When possible, ignore the fit, if the child isn’t hurting self or others
- As soon as the child is quiet, praise him or her for “Getting in control”
- Pick and choose your “battles” and try to avoid anger issues that are caused because the child is too tired, is hungry, or is overwhelmed.
- If your child is inconsolable for over an hour, discuss this with your doctor.